Fix Windows Error 429 (Windows 8/8.1, 7 & Vista)
Error 429 is Windows specific runtime error. It normally occurs when a user tries to open ActiveX dependent pages. This error may also occur when a users load an application.
Solutions to Runtime error 429: “ActiveX component can’t create object”
- Properly install Windows Script
- Repair File Information of Windows Script in Registry
- Re-register Concerned File Properly
- Reset Internet Explorer (IE) Settings
- Restore System
- Repair System Files
Your System: Windows, English?
Compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista.
File size: 2.04MB
Step-by-Step Guide for Windows 8/8.1, 7 & Vista
It is important that you carry out these steps in order to fix the problem effectively:
Properly install Windows Script:
Microsoft Windows Script Host use Windows Script File (WSF). This file works to mix scripting languages. It has been observed in most cases that incomplete Windows Script installation or uninstall cause error 429. Therefore, everybody needs to install Windows Script properly, otherwise it would create errors.
Follow the below mentioned procedure to do so:
- Download Windows Script from Microsoft Download Centre
- Click Download button and your Windows Script download will start
- Double-click scripten.exe file to install it
- Monitor the process and make sure proper installation
Repair File Information of Windows Script in Registry:
One reason of error 429 for Windows 7 is corrupt, deleted or broken file information of Windows Script in Registry. You are required to repair file information of Windows Script in Registry. Registry Cleaner software is the only way to resolve this issue.
Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Download Registry Cleaner software
- Install this software and then click Scan button to scan system Registry
- You will have a list of Registry errors when Registry Scan process ends
- Click Fix Errors button to repair/fix Registry errors
- Reboot your system when Error fixing/information repairing process ends
- You are done and fixed error 429 Win 7
Register the Concerned File Properly:
It has been observed in many cases that error description specifies a particular file name. In this condition it is possible that this particular file is not registered properly in Registry database. You are required to re-register the concerned file properly with the help of Command Prompt.
Follow the procedure given below to do so:
- Close all active programs
- Click Windows Start button
- Type CMD in Search box and press ENTER
- You will see a Command Prompt window, type Regsvr32 command,
if OCX file name is vbalexpbar6.ocx then type regsvr32 vbalexpbar6.ocx
- Press ENTER key on keyboard to process the command
- Type EXIT and press ENTER after processing the command
- You are done; error code 429 has been fixed
Reset Internet Explorer (IE) Settings:
Resetting internet settings can resolve Windows error 429. You are required to follow the procedure given below to reset internet settings.
- Open Internet Explorer (IE)
- Click Tools from top menu | Click Internet Options
- Click Advanced tab | Click Reset
- Click Reset button in “Reset Internet Explorer Settings” and confirm changes
- Close Internet Explorer and then re-open
- You are done this tweak will fix error code 429 in Windows 8/8.1/7
Windows system restore option can fix error-429 Windows 7. You need to follow the below mentioned steps to restore system to an earlier point.
- Click Windows Start button | Select All Programs
- Click Accessories | Select System Tools and then System Restore
- Click Next button and follow the on-screen wizard
Repair System Files:
In some cases system files would become corrupt. Repairing system files can fix Error 429. Apply below mentioned procedure to do so:
- Open CD/DVD ROM | Insert Windows installation disc
- Click Start and type SFC in Search Box
- Click ScanNow and then click ENTER
- You are done, this tweak will resolve error 429 in Windows 8/8.1